What is thread lifting?
Non-surgical thread lifting involves the use of new dissolving, absorbable threads to address fine lines, wrinkles, and facial sagging. Thread lifts are among the most popular cosmetic procedures currently undergone by Sydney residents. Why? Well, the results speak for themselves.
Our thread lift procedure for Miranda, Sutherland Shire patients, addresses aspects of facial aging.
We can improve your facial contour by tightening and sculpting your face using innovative techniques.
We invite you to discover how this technique can produce results equivalent to cosmetic medicine. Contact us at your earliest convenience to see how we can accentuate a more youthful appearance for you.
What types of thread lifts are offered?
Our thread lift procedure involves the use of 3 different kinds of thread:
- Smooth threads – These threads help promote collagen production and can be positioned to tighten saggy skin with minimal discomfort.
- Twisted threads – As per their name, the twisted threads are used as anchors and support structures, to ensure that the lifted skin remains in position.
- Barbed threads – Barbed threads are the best of both. They combine the benefits of both above threads to reposition the skin and stimulate collagen production to promote a youthful appearance.
What areas can be treated with a thread lift?
A thread lift can be performed on multiple sections of the head and face to elicit a naturally youthful look. The treatment areas we can tackle using this procedure are:
- Mid face – The most evident signs of aging are typically present on the mid face. By applying the threads to specific areas in your cheeks, we can restore your triangle of youth.
- Brow and eye – By lifting the skin around the eye, just below the eyebrows, we can produce the fox that is ever so desired.
- Forehead – Aging can significantly affect our forehead, causing our eyebrows to sag and result in several unsightly wrinkles. We can immediately resolve these issues by applying our thread lift technique to the desired areas.
- Jawline and neck – We can’t talk about aging without mentioning the jawline. Sagging skin is always most evident around the jaw and neck. Where typically patients would opt for a facelift, now, a thread lift is the procedure of choice to elicit similar effects with little downtime.
Ideal candidates for a thread facelift
For the perfect candidate, a thread lift can provide natural rejuvenation with the added benefits of minimal recovery and no general anesthesia at a very affordable rate. The ideal candidates for a Sydney thread lift are:
- Those who have minimal signs of aging need that little nudge from a facelift to elicit amazing results.
- Those who experience moderate signs of aging are not suitable candidates for a surgical facelift.
- Those who are starting to experience signs of drooping skin would like to see a lifting effect without the hassle of a surgical procedure.
Benefits of getting a thread lift
Take a look at the numerous benefits this non-surgical procedure brings below:
- Instant results – The threads attach to the soft tissue rapidly, producing a noticeable lift as soon as the procedure is complete.
- Long-lasting results – If immediate results aren’t enough to make you want this procedure, the components within the threads used naturally stimulate collagen production. This, over time, produces a more natural look that lasts for a considerable amount of time. If skin laxity returns, more threads can be used to rejuvenate your look and give you a refreshed appearance.
- Minimal downtime – Typically when undergoing a surgical face lift, patients have to factor in several weeks to allow for complete recovery. However, using our thread lifts, patients only need 2 – 3 days of downtime to witness a complete result. The local anaesthetic used wears off within 6 – 12 hours and causes no concerning after effects.
- Address multiple concerns – Whether you are looking to enhance facial definition or simply want to rid yourself of excess skin, thread lifts are the procedure for you.
- Safety – The use of thread lifts is safe and has been shown to cause no allergic reactions. Having been used for over 50 years to close surgical wounds, this material is bound to tackle all aspects of facial ageing without the fear of experiencing complications.
How is a thread lift performed?
Your thread face lift procedure will be performed by our board-certified cosmetic physician, Dr Mutti Khan.
Firstly, a local anaesthetic will be administered using a sterile technique. This local anesthetic will help numb your skin to minimize pain and enhance your comfort. Special absorbable threads (anchoring or lifting threads) are then inserted into the soft tissue of the face using a needle. Once the threads are attached to the skin tissue, they’ll begin to pull back to instantly lift the tissue or fat, producing a smoother, younger look.
The results produced are immediately apparent and can last for several years depending on your individual characteristics. The threads will continuously promote collagen production and generate strategic scarring in the deeper layers of the skin. The threads dissolve eventually after about 18 months.
How does the thread face lift work?
A thread lift works by placing multiple small, dissolvable threads into different sections of your skin through small incisions. Your doctor will then tighten the threads, lifting the skin to achieve a tightened look. Additionally, the thread lifts will scar the soft tissue within your face and promote collagen stimulation which supports healthy, younger-looking skin.
Your initial consultation with one of our cosmetic physicians is vital in determining the best procedure to produce your desired outcome. Your initial consultation will include a brief medical history to ensure you have no contraindicated conditions, as well as a thorough facial assessment. This will allow us to examine your facial structure and understand where the threads will be placed.
Day of the treatment
When you arrive at our clinic you will be met by a member of our friendly team. They will show you around and ensure you are comfortable before taking you to meet your expert. A thread lift can often be performed in the comfort of your cosmetic’s team member’s office, ensuring that you are in a comfortable environment at all times.
Prior to your procedure, you will be administered a local anaesthetic to numb the site of treatment and promote comfort. Once ready, your physician will perform the procedure and provide you with a list of post-procedure instructions.
What is recovery like after the treatment?
You may feel a sensation of tightening, swelling, and possible bruising around the treatment site following your procedure. This is absolutely normal, given that a foreign substance (the thread) is being inserted into your body. These sensations will eventually diminish over the next couple of weeks.
We will give you a set of postprocedure instructions to follow to allow your face time to heal. This includes avoiding vigorous exercise and facial massage for the first few weeks. Normal activities can be returned to almost immediately as long as you make sure to avoid activities that may strain or pull on the threads.
What kind of results can I expect?
Results are seen almost immediately following a thread lift. However, collagen stimulation may take up to 3 months to develop a complete effect. You can expect complete recovery within 2 weeks of your procedure.
How much does a thread lift cost in Sydney?
Non-surgical face lift threading in Sydney can vary in price depending on your individual characteristics and desired outcomes. The prices may be lower for those who wish to have a minor lift and be higher if more than one area of the face is to be treated. An initial consultation with one of our cosmetic specialists is necessary for a comprehensive analysis of the total cost of your procedure.
Thread face lift before and after results for Sydney patients
Scouting the thread lift before and after images can help give you a realistic idea as to what to expect following your procedure. Additionally, you can use these images as a reflection of your cosmetic physician’s skills. Take a look at some of the results produced for our clients below:
Why choose Shire Aesthetics And Vein Clinic
There are countless reasons as to why you should choose Shire Aesthetics And Vein Clinic as your cosmetic clinic. Changing your appearance using a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure requires a big decision. With that, comes big responsibility. Our cosmetic team in Miranda prides himself on providing only the most advanced cosmetic treatments, backed up by evidence.
We look to treat you entirely to ensure that not only do you look better, but you feel better too. Our skills and attributes are known not only for our ability to produce beautiful results but also for the compassion and personalised attention we give to all patients. If you are looking for a thread lift from a board-certified cosmetic physician, then contact us today to arrange your initial appointment.
The Shire Aesthetics And Vein Clinic clinic comprises a famous cosmetic physician, and only the friendliest and most professional front of house team.
Dr Mutti Khan
Dr Khan graduated in medicine in 1998, after which he specialised as a general practitioner before discovering his passion for cosmetic medicine. Dr Khan’s background allows him to provide a unique approach to all his thread lift procedures, ensuring that a patient’s aesthetic look is treated with their overall presence in mind.
If you still have some unanswered questions regarding thread lifts, take a look at the section below.
The threads we use are made out of either polydioxanone or polylactic acid.
The local anesthetic used will ensure that you feel little to no pain during the procedure. However, you may feel some discomfort a few days after.
A thread lift can be performed every 12-18 months depending on your body’s ability to retain the new lifted look.
Thread lifts are best performed on those aged 55 years or over.
For those who work a sedentary job, return to work can be almost immediate. If your job is more physically demanding, then it is recommended to take 1-2 weeks off.
You will be advised on a number of instructions following your procedure, including:
- Try to keep your head elevated for the first week (try not to sleep on your side)
- Don’t massage, exfoliate, or scrub your face for 3 weeks
- Avoiding strenuous exercise
- Avoid wearing makeup until your follow up appointment
Yes, as long as you feel like you have the full capacity to do so. If you have any swelling around your eyes that may impact your vision then we recommend contacting a family member or friend to drive you home.
If done correctly, a thread lift should last for up to 12-18 months.
Yes, all threads used at our clinic are dissolvable.
There is very little risk of scarring when performing a thread lift. However, given that the insertions are the size of a needle, scarring shouldn’t be an issue.
You can perform light exercises after 1-2 weeks of your procedure. Any vigorous exercise must be cleared by your doctor.
Unfortunately, the results are not permanent. However, thread lifting produces very long-lasting results for up to 18 months.